Polish Forbes conducted a poll among its readers, which found out which hotels are considered to be the best in Poland in 2009, according to leading businessmen of the country. The survey took into account the following criteria: location, service and interior.
1. The first two places in the ranking were received by hotels in Warsaw. Best hotel in Poland according to Forbes is Le Meridien Bristol. A luxury hotel chain Starwood, which owns Le Meridien Bristol hotel, was able to preserve a unique atmosphere of this architectural pearl of Warsaw. At the same time the hotel Le Meridien Bristol is able to provide business travelers with maximum comfort.
2. A boutique hotel of deluxe class Mamaison Hotel Le Régina, located in Mokrovski palace, appeared at the second place. The ancient exterior and modern interior - such eclecticism really suits Mamaison Hotel Le Régina. In addition to luxurious rooms, the hotel is also known for the restaurant La Rotisserie Mamaison, which is considered the best hotel restaurant in Warsaw according to tourist publication “Warsaw Inside”.
3. Krakow, hotels of which are just as good as ones, located in the capital, is, nevertheless, represented only at third place. It is there where Hotel Copernicus is located. Hotel Copernicus is small - only 29 rooms - but that does not prevent it from being considered the best hotel in Krakow, according to Forbes. Perhaps the whole thing is in a beautiful view of the Wawel Castle, which can be observed from the hotel.
4. At the fourth place - the most luxurious hotel of Sopot - Sofitel Grand, which appeared in the focus of attention during Putin's visit to Poland this year. The delegation of Russia's prime minister rented the entire hotel, and that happened for the first time in the history of the hotel.
5. Another hotel in Krakow - Hotel Stary - appeared at the fifth place of ranking. Opened in 2006 after the restoration, Hotel Stary offers its guests a full range of advantages: the center of Krakow, leather furniture, moulding and the atmosphere of the revived history.
6. Forbes ranking could not overlook the hotel service of the number one ski resort of Poland - Zakopane. Among the dozens of luxury hotels in Zakopane, Hotel Belvedere for many years remains beyond comparison. A location near Tatra National Park together with a large selection of spa services allowed Belvedere Hotel to leave behind hotels of other well-known Polish health resorts in Forbes ranking.
7. Such, for example, as a spa hotel - Hotel SPA Dr. Irena Eris, Wzgórza Dylewskie. This hotel, situated in the picturesque lake district of Poland, took the seventh place in the list of the best hotels in Poland 2009, according to Forbes. A two-storey half-timbered complex of Hotel SPA Dr. Irena Eris, Wzgórza Dylewskie was highly appreciated by business people. A unique program of recovery after stress also helped the hotel to achieve such a result.
8. At eighth place in the ranking is the best hotel of Katowice - Hotel Monopol, which is located in the historical center of the industrial stronghold of Poland, at the intersection of Dworcowa Street and Dyrekcyjna Street.
9. Due to Hotel Haffner, Sopot and its hotels were twice honored with mention in the rating Forbes. Hotel Haffner appealed to the Polish businessmen, who have placed it at the ninth position in the list. Hotel Haffner – is a modern multifunctional hotel in Sopot, which has 100 rooms. It provides opportunities for a spa vacation, relaxing on the beach, holidays with children, as well as rest without children - at golf courses and tennis courts.
10. The list of ten best hotels in Poland, according to Forbes, is closed by InterContinental Hotel in Warsaw. A skyscraper of InterContinental in Warsaw, which is considered one of the tallest buildings in the city - is just the most typical representative of luxury business hotels. InterContinental Hotel has 326 rooms and, among other things, some of the best conditions for holding large conferences at the highest international level in Warsaw.